Source: Collier County Public Schools
Collier County Public Schools (CCPS) continues to monitor the rapidly changing situation regarding COVID-19, CCPS would like to share updated information regarding school closure.
UPDATE #8 – March 17, 2020
Today (March 17th, 2020), direction was provided to Florida school districts that all public schools in Florida continue to be closed through April 15, 2020. Therefore, Collier County Public Schools will be CLOSED to all students from Monday, March 23rd through Wednesday, April 15th. Additional school closures will be re-evaluated in two weeks and any changes will be communicated as soon as available.
This continued school closure includes ALL:
- CCPS sites
- before and after-school programs held at CCPS sites
- extracurricular activities, including athletic practices and competitions, will be canceled
- Adult and Community Education classes will be canceled
- District leases will be suspended
- planned District-sponsored student in- and out-of-county travel will be canceled
Additionally, the Governor has canceled ALL state assessments for students in Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12.
Collier County Public Schools is ready to transition to virtual/online continuous learning for students. CCPS will provide further details about our Continuous Learning Plan in an update later this week.