Every year on October 1, FAFSA opens to high school seniors and anyone considering post-high school education during the following school year. This annual application is the key to receiving most financial aid and scholarship. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can seem overwhelming. Often, students and families worry they won’t qualify, or won’t be able to finish it. Free FAFSA Completion Events are designed to help. Counselors and experts provide in-person guidance at community events located throughout Collier County.
In October 2021, five FAFSA Completion events have been scheduled. These include:
- Monday, October 4, at Immokalee High School, 2pm to 5pm, presented by the Guadalupe Center.
- Saturday, October 9, at Gulf Coast High School, 9am to 12pm, presented by Champions For Learning.
- Saturday, October 9, at Florida Gulf Coast University, Lutgert Hall, 9am to 12pm, presented by FutureMakers Coalition.
- Saturday, October 23, at Lorenzo Walker Technical High School, 9am to 12pm, presented by the Boys & Girls Club of Collier County.
- Saturday, October 30, at Barron Collier High School, 9am to 12pm, presented by Florida Gulf Coast University.
These events are free and in-person. Anyone needing help with a FAFSA for this school year is encouraged to attend. Financial aid professionals are available to answer questions about FAFSA and resources to pursue higher education.
Future Ready Collier partners with local schools, universities, and organizations to help students and families complete these important milestones.